Sunday, May 17, 2009

thumpety thump goes my heart


i am so fortunate to be in a place right now where i can really expand myself creatively. i feel like i am learning SO much. every day. and it makes me have a hunger for new information, new mediums, new...things. hunger like i haven't eaten in a week. my head is so full of ideas...almost to the point that it's getting a little heavy to carry it around. and these ideas bounce around constantly in my mind, like bingo balls.

but i have finally been able to force an image in my head forward. one image that i HAVE to execute. it's the image that has haunted me for months. first i found the location & fell in love. such a neat visual place. then i found a model who just had the exact look i wanted for this piece...and amazingly, she agreed to drive an hour & a half in to shoot it with me. this girl is trusting my vision (wow). it is all coming together, piece by piece. and if all the pieces fit together like i think they will...i will have created magic. and soon, i will give it a shot. ha. i'm punning accidentally. it's scary to try something new, but exhilarating to thing of successfully executing it like i've been dreaming it in my head. i've always been a photo journalistic shooter & now...i'm taking the plunge into an artistic realm. i hope i can do my vision justice.

i'm in this strange emotional place where my heart just feels open. creatively, i need to purge. it couldn't happen at a better time in my life. i have high hopes that i will be able to create something different than i ever have...that is exciting!

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY! it's p n me & friends...collaboration time :-)





0 comments: